Volunteers at The Ark make it all happen! The Ark could not operate without our Volunteer staff.
Ready to have some fun?
Ark Volunteers helps us give our patrons the best listening experience possible. In return, Volunteers have the opportunity to hear world-class performers and interact with members of The Ark’s audiences.
To become a Club Volunteer, participants are asked to attend one Volunteer Orientation session. A Volunteer Orientation session lasts approximately 2 hours, and attendance space is limited. We ask that you register ahead of time and please be available for the entire Orientation session. After Orientation, you will have an opportunity to begin signing up for shows.
Please note: All new Volunteers will be asked to begin by staffing The Ark’s smaller attendance shows.
Volunteering at The Ark involves such tasks as:
- Preparing, serving, and selling food and beverages (including alcohol)
- Staffing the merchandise table
- Pre-show setup/post-show cleanup
- Selling Ark Memberships
Our work load at The Ark is shared, and all Volunteers have an opportunity to be trained on all tasks.
We are looking for Volunteers who are 16 years of age or older; Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by a parent
- Volunteers arrive at 6:45 pm for an 8 pm show or 6:15 pm for a 7:30 pm show
- Volunteers are expected to stay throughout the show for cleanup afterwards, making for a total evening’s time commitment of four to five hours
- We request that volunteers sign up for two to three performances a month
- Casual attire is acceptable for all Volunteers – comfort is key!
- Volunteers also receive a discount on Ark merchandise purchases
Please complete the volunteer online form if you wish to begin the process of becoming a Club Volunteer at The Ark.
For additional questions and information about upcoming volunteer orientation dates, please contact Emily Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.