The Ark is open for in-person events and we look forward to seeing you! Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and masking are required for all participants at Ark events at this time.
Is The Ark open for live shows?
- We are open for events at full capacity.
What policies around masking, vaccination, social distancing, and other COVID-related practices does The Ark have in place?
- Proof of full vaccination (2 weeks past completion of primary vaccination series) is required for all patrons, artists, crew, staff, and volunteers. Patrons will be asked to show their proof of vaccination and a photo ID upon entry each time they visit the club. If a patron is not able to show proof of vaccination they will not be allowed to attend the performance, and can request a refund prior to the start of the show. A negative COVID test cannot be used instead of vaccination.
- Masking is currently required for all Ark patrons, staff, volunteers, artists (when not on stage) and crew. Patrons may lower masks briefly when eating or drinking in the listening room but should otherwise remain masked.
- A list of COVID-19 symptoms will be posted for review by all patrons upon arrival. Symptoms of COVID-19 include (new/different/worse from baseline of chronic illness): temperature 100.4+ or signs of fever (chills/sweating), sore throat, new onset of cough, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, new onset of headache, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle aches.
- We request that patrons do not enter if they have any of the COVID symptoms listed above. If you have a known exposure or have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you follow the guidelines listed here prior to attending a show at The Ark. You may request a refund prior to the start of the show if you can’t attend as a result of these guidelines.
- These protocol are regularly reviewed and may be updated as circumstances evolve.
Please note: The Ark will work to accommodate additional COVID-19 safety and response requirements made by artists. If those requests include patron participation, The Ark will notify patrons in advance as best it can and post signage of additional practices at The Ark the night of the show. Refunds will be available to patrons who are unable to comply with artists’ requests. A request for refund must be made prior to the start of the show.
We understand that various policies will affect people differently and that there are no “one size fits all” solutions at this point. We look forward to seeing you whenever the time is right for you.
What forms of documentation will be accepted for proof of vaccination status?
- A physical, photocopy, or photo of your COVID vaccination card
- A medical record via a patient portal or other electronic means
- University of Michigan ResponsiBlue app
How can I request a refund if I am unable to attend a show at The Ark due to current COVID protocols?
- If you are unable to attend a show due to COVID policy requirement to show proof of vaccination or if you are unable to attend based on having COVID symptoms, known exposure, or positive test, you may request a refund for your ticket.
- Refund requests must be submitted prior to the show. We are unable to honor refund requests made after showtime on the day of show.
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the show, show date, purchaser name, email, and preferred mailing address, Refunds to a credit card should be received within 5 business days. Refunds by check will be processed and mailed within 10 business days.
- The Ark is only able to refund tickets as described above for Ark-produced shows ticketed by The Ark through the Michigan Union Ticket Office. For rental events produced at The Ark but ticketed elsewhere (i.e. Eventbrite, Ticketmaster) through another presenter, refunds are at the discretion of the presenter/producer.
How is The Ark addressing health and safety protocols?
- Currently we require all staff and volunteers working at The Ark, as well as artists and crew, to be fully-vaccinated.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizing stations are available to patrons.
- Contactless ticket scanning and credit card transactions
- Touch-free restroom dispensers, sinks and flushers
- The Ark has implemented COVID-19 training, enhanced cleaning practices using EPA approved disinfectants, and following administrative and operational controls.
- Key elements of our plans are viewable on our website and can be accessed via QR code posted within the venue.
- We have participated in the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Ambassador Program.
- The Ark continues to monitor guidance from various sources, including the CDC, MDHSS, MIOSHA, and the Washtenaw County Health Dept.
All attendees and guests will be required to comply with health and safety laws, orders, ordinances, regulations and health and safety guidance adopted by the State of Michigan, the County of Washtenaw and The Ark – including any vaccination, face mask and health-screening guidelines in place at the time of the shows.