COVID-19 FAQ – updated 8/19/22
Is The Ark open for live shows?
- We are open for events at full capacity.
What policies around masking, vaccination, social distancing, and other COVID-related practices does The Ark have in place?
- Masking is required at The Ark when the Covid community level is at “high”. [see above]
- Masking is optional but welcome when the community level is at “medium” or “low”. [see above]
- We request that patrons do not enter if they have any of the COVID symptoms listed below. If you have a known exposure or have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you follow the guidelines listed here prior to attending a show at The Ark. You may request a refund prior to the start of the show if you can’t attend as a result of these guidelines.
- A list of COVID-19 symptoms will be posted for review by all patrons upon arrival. Symptoms of COVID-19 include (new/different/worse from baseline of chronic illness): temperature 100.4+ or signs of fever (chills/sweating), sore throat, new onset of cough, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, new onset of headache, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle aches.
- These protocols are regularly reviewed and may be updated as circumstances evolve.
Please note: The Ark will work to accommodate COVID-19 safety and response requirements made by artists. If those requests include patron participation, The Ark will notify patrons in advance as best it can and post signage of additional practices at The Ark the night of the show. Refunds will be available to patrons who are unable to comply with artists’ requests. A request for refund must be made prior to the start of the show.
We understand that various policies will affect people differently and that there are no “one size fits all” solutions at this point. We look forward to seeing you whenever the time is right for you.
How can I request a refund if I am unable to attend a show at The Ark due to COVID-related illness or exposure?
- If you are unable to attend a show based on having COVID symptoms, known exposure, or positive test, you may request a refund for your ticket.
- Refund requests must be submitted prior to the show. We are unable to honor refund requests made after showtime on the day of show.
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the show, show date, purchaser name, email, and preferred mailing address. Refunds to a credit card should be received within 5 business days. Refunds by check will be processed and mailed within 10 business days.
- The Ark is only able to refund tickets as described above for Ark-produced shows ticketed by The Ark through the Michigan Union Ticket Office. For rental events produced at The Ark but ticketed elsewhere (i.e. Eventbrite, Ticketmaster) or through another presenter, refunds are at the discretion of the presenter/producer.
How is The Ark addressing health and safety protocols?
- Currently we require all staff and volunteers working at The Ark to be fully-vaccinated.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizing stations are available to patrons.
- The Ark uses contactless ticket scanning and credit card transactions.
- Touch-free restroom dispensers, sinks and flushers have been installed.
- The Ark has implemented COVID-19 training, enhanced cleaning practices using EPA approved disinfectants and following administrative and operational controls.
- We have participated in the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Ambassador Program.
- The Ark continues to monitor guidance from various sources, including the CDC, MDHSS, MIOSHA, and the Washtenaw County Health Dept.
All attendees and guests will be required to comply with health and safety laws, orders, ordinances, regulations and health and safety guidance adopted by the State of Michigan, the County of Washtenaw and The Ark – including any vaccination, face mask and health-screening guidelines in place at the time of the shows.