From time to time, The Ark needs to add to its talented, hard-working staff. We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Job Summary: The Ark is expanding its staff to include a Campaign Director. Working with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Capital Campaign Committee, the Campaign Director will assume a key leadership role in the management and coordination of The Ark’s $2.5 million capital campaign. This position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Annual Giving Manager and other staff on the administration of the campaign.
Job Status: Full Time Exempt
1. Build the current annual giving effort into an effective campaign structure, including creating campaign policies and procedures, developing and implementing major gift strategies, producing campaign materials, etc.
2. Lead the organization’s effort to identify, cultivate and solicit potential campaign donors.
3. Work closely with the Executive Director and Campaign Chair to develop effective strategies to ensure the authentic and meaningful involvement of volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors.
4. Facilitate solicitations for the Executive Director and Campaign Committee, including conducting research and gift history analysis on new and existing donor prospects. Work closely with the Executive Director, Campaign Chair and appropriate solicitation team members to create solicitation strategies for donor prospects. Make contact with current and prospective donors and participate in solicitations as appropriate.
5. Work closely with individual members of the Campaign Committee in completing their action steps for individual prospect portfolios.
6. Prepare personalized proposals for prospects and write cultivation and solicitation correspondence.
7. Help design and oversee a comprehensive donor recognition program for all campaign contributions.
8. Develop a comprehensive list of cultivation opportunities and ensure meaningful and coordinated involvement of Campaign Committee members in these opportunities.
9. In consultation with the Executive Director and Campaign Chair, provide support for the Campaign Committee, including but not limited to: timely reports, creation of meeting agendas, compilation of support materials and accurate committee meeting notes, action items and follow-up steps.
10. With administrative support, develop and maintain accurate prospect tracking documents including all strategic notes, action items, ask amounts and solicitation team.
11. In collaboration with the Accountant, develop and maintain financial tracking systems for all campaign contributions.
12. Develop administrative policies and procedures for receiving, tracking, reporting and acknowledging campaign gifts.
13. Ensure that campaign donors receive timely and accurate reports on the use of their gifts and campaign progress.
14. Maintain fundraising schedules and objectives and ensure that fundraising is done in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
15. Prepare and monitor the Capital Campaign budget.
16. Design and ensure proper implementation of the Campaign’s “public phase” which would include solicitation strategies, special events and communication.
17. Coordinate campaign efforts with the celebration of The Ark’s 50th Anniversary in 2015 to leverage maximum campaign success.
18. Provide leadership with respect to campaign events, announcements and celebrations.
19. Assume responsibility for monitoring and preparing all reports due to funders in a timely and accurate way.
20. In collaboration with the Annual Giving Manager and other staff, ensure benefit fulfillment and meaningful stewardship of campaign donors throughout the course of the campaign and beyond.
21. Following the campaign’s successful completion, an opportunity exists to oversee the transition to an effective, ongoing major gifts program.
• Minimum BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum five-seven years of fundraising in not-for-profit settings with specific Capital Campaign experience
• Proven track record of results in securing major gifts
• Proficient and effective public speaking
• Excellent writing skills, and highly effective interpersonal communication skills
• Collaborative and team-oriented personality and approach to professional responsibilities
• Proven track record working with volunteers
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Demonstrated interest in or experience with performing arts is preferred
Apply with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements by March 25, 2014 to: email@example.com. Applications may also be sent by mail to: The Ark, attn: Campaign Director, 1955 Pauline Blvd, Suite 200, Ann Arbor, MI 48103. No calls, please. EOE.